Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 11, 2011

May Our Children Have Greater Peace

I thought I would not watch all of the remembrances of 9/11 - just too sad. But of course, I'm drawn in and we're talking about where we were, how we felt, who we knew, etc. And then James Taylor comes on and begins to sing. The tears begin to flow and I clutch my baby boy and pray out loud that he may grow up in a world more peaceful and loving than my world. That he may enjoy greater freedom with less intrusive safety. And that he may not know trauma and drama. All utopian wishes I know, but a mother can only hope and pray...May God watch over all of us and keep us from harm and may we learn to celebrate and enjoy each other as opposed to judging and fighting. I want to leave this world richer than it was when I came in and I want my son to know no war or conflict....May we heal and keep moving forward!

2 comments:

  1. amen from me too. if only all the wishes of all the mothers in the world could drive world events...

    ReplyDelete