Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 2, 2011

This week’s news in child care adventures


Baby’s daycare is closed this week because this is the week the teacher’s do all of their in-service training and cleaning, etc. In my opinion it is a stupid week to be closed because it is the week school begins and it forces parents to take vacation at an inconvenient time. For me it was bad because it’s the week I have all kinds of meetings, orientations, preparation because classes begin next week. But nobody really asked my opinion…So we had to get creative with baby-care this week.

Monday he came on campus with me and charmed everyone around! All my co-workers including my Director were kind and supportive and loving to baby. Of course, this is not a regular option!

Tuesday my co-worker and her spouse watched him. I left to go conduct an orientation meeting and my phone rang 30 minutes into the training. Baby had been crying and fussing for an hour, what should they do? Oh Lord! Take him for a walk and start walking this way (co-worker lives on campus) and if he is still fussing he’ll just have to sit in the meeting with me. Why didn’t’ daddy stay home with baby? Tuesdays happens to be the day that daddy has back-to-back meetings and presentations and he used up most of his vacation on our summer road trip. Why don’t we have a babysitter? Because we’re nervous unprepared new parents who haven’t searched, interviewed, or hired anyone….yet….Anyway, baby was fine after a brief walk and feeding and a crisis was averted. I felt bad, my co-worker felt bad, baby was fine!

Wednesday we stayed home, went to the mall, walked along the river, had a good day.

Thursday, daddy stayed home with baby. It was the 1st day that he had stayed with him ALL day (6:30 a.m.-10 p.m.).  I left home feeling anxious and sad. I only called twice. And in the end daddy was fine and so was baby. AND daddy got to see what some of my days are like! 

Today, baby and I are hanging out and eventually we’ll hit the grocery store and Kohls (mommy needs some pants!). Have I said how much I LOVE spending time with baby and also how much I appreciate having him be in daycare! LOL! Some days I want to quit my job and be a mommy full-time without working outside of home and other days I look forward to going to my job.....

Lesson: get over myself and search for a babysitter!

Side-note: Not sure about Sarah Jessica Parker's new movie "How Does She Do It?" If it shows her doing it all well I'm gonna be pissed and sending off my 1st letter to a movie studio...


1 comment: