Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New School Year Resolutions

I know that people traditionally make resolutions on or near January 1st.  I tend to make resolutions twice a year: on or near my birthday and in August or September when the new school year begins!

My resolutions:
1.  Continue to love and care for baby; watch him grow; try not to over-react when another kid bites him (happened this week)
2. Find more time for hubby (it would be nice to have a date night....once a month maybe???)
3. Find more time for mommy (yea, right) - can I get my nails done?
4. Grade all my student's papers on time
5. Remember my student's names (I usually do pretty good with this)
6. Keep my office clean (ha-ha-ha-ha) - the university should offer personalized maid service!
7. Breathe before I speak and maybe also count to 100....
8. Mind my own business; don't give unsolicited advice (don't give advice, period), no gossip
9. show appreciation out loud for those I care about & for those I see doing "good stuff" - I think everyone likes to be acknowledged
10. Remember all the things my mommy told me growing up and live by them - she's a smart woman! And call her more often to give her updates!

Grandma & Baby in Atlanta, July 2011
11. And...do all that other stuff I'm supposed to do for tenure, etc. 

3 comments:

  1. You forgot, "don't sweat the small stuff." And I think #8 gets easier as you get older and you're dealing with your family. All of a sudden, other people's stuff no longer seems important. (Hmmnn, aren't I just giving unsolicited advice now??) You are a wonderful mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good resolution. I like the idea of doing it twice a year. Usually, most people (like myself) forget about their resolution after a couple of months!
    Thank you for stopping by and listing your blog. I hope you have found new friends there.
    I would really appreciate if you grabbed my button as well!
    I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby's expression is freaking priceless! It is like he's listening to all these resolutions and then says, "good luck with that mama!" Your other resolution should be to be easy on yourself too, this mama stuff is hard. We can't be perfect so be sure not to beat yourself up if you don't live up to all these lofty goals!

    ReplyDelete